Can we get beyond our "fraying patchwork of programs, grants and donations"?
SANDRA KILPATRICK JORDAN CONSULTING -
RSS

Recent Posts

Revised about STEAM
Returning to NYC: So, What's New?!
Can we get beyond our "fraying patchwork of programs, grants and donations"?

Categories

Arts In Education
powered by

My Blog

Can we get beyond our "fraying patchwork of programs, grants and donations"?

-- this blog was originlly posted on November 20, 2011 on the California Alliance for Arts Education website at http://www.artsed411.org/local_advocacy_coalitions/encinitas

Dear Encinitas Arts Education Leaders,

In the past two weeks I've had meetings with a few of the remarkable arts and education leaders here and will be sharing more with you at our November 30 meeting at City Hall. I must say, in these discussions I was reminded of the sobering truth regarding arts education in Encinitas, and of the state of arts education in California overall.

This recent SF Examiner article (October 2011) offers a snapshot of how schools in San Francisco and all over California rely on a "fraying patchwork of grants, programs and donations” for arts education. Some districts rely almost entirely on parent fundraising to maintain these programs, while schools in lower-income communities go without. San Francisco’s situation reflects conditions that exist across the state, according to Mark Slavkin, chairman of the California Alliance for Arts Education,.“The northeastern states are spending twice as much on education as California,” Slavkin said. “What these states take for granted, like dedicated art and music teachers, is something of a luxury in California.” Read more: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/10/sf-schools-rely-fraying-patchwork-grants-programs-and-donations-funding#ixzz1aOhokDPb
If you have a moment to learn more, please make note about the origins and purpose of the Encinitas Alliance for Arts Education (EAAE) and our relationship to other arts advocacy efforts in the state.
The EAAE was started in 2009 is a part of the Local Advocacy Network of the California Alliance for Arts Education.  Now in over 25 California communities and web-based advocacy groups, the CAAE LAN builds the capacity of advocates to communicate a unified message in their local communities by providing advocacy expertise, communications tools and leadership development. I'll be updating this page regularly about our goals for the year and our collective progress.  I really encourage you to spend some time on the CAAE website to learn what other communities are doing to creatively maintain and build programs during challenging economic times.

I, for one, am inspired by the work other arts advocates are doing all over the state in spit of our challenges and believe that you will be too.  Clearly this is a labor of love for so many of us; we are not alone in wanting greater access to and equity in quality arts education for all our students in Encinitas. I know I will be able to count on all of you to help make a difference this year on behalf of all students in all Encinitas schools.

Thanks, and I'll see you on November 30,

Sandy Jordan
Coordinator, Encinitas Alliance for Arts Education

25 Comments to Can we get beyond our "fraying patchwork of programs, grants and donations"? :

Comments RSS
the tour group on Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:43 AM
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. kudos

Business plan writing in Cleveland Ohio on Monday, December 9, 2013 1:53 AM
Thanks for the information related to this topic Can we get beyond our "fraying patchwork of programs, grants and donations"? You provided food for thought. Thanks for sharing the information. All the best to you... Keep on posting...

Custom Assignment Help on Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:06 AM
Our writers look at the assignment from the viewpoint of the instructor. We understand the complete process, possibly the assignment writing challenge is related to a discussion in the class. To write an assignment that guarantees the best grades, the further information you provide to our assignment writers, the better it is for you.

thesistowns.com on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:37 PM
You need to write an essay? Our professional editors will help you express your ideas clearly and effectively.

custom essay writers on Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:11 PM
I think that's definitely possible. I can explain why. See you soon.

Buy Blade Runn on Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:36 AM
Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing.All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers.Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every readers through this article.

Flash Jacket on Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:03 AM
It's great to see this post. I really appreciate your work

university assignments help on Friday, August 2, 2019 6:55 AM
In addition to having a consistent post history, her account is her name. You can't buy old reddit accounts that somehow have your exact pseudonym.

Susan C. Despres on Saturday, August 3, 2019 7:21 AM
While most of the traits focus on how entrepreneurs engage with their surroundings, it’s also important to note how strong leaders take care of themselves Click Here For More Information.

Express vpn coupon on Monday, August 12, 2019 7:16 AM
Check out the latest VPN Discounts & special offers.

Buy Research Paper Online on Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:30 AM
How many funds should I pay out on contributions aid for charities per month to have it benefit me when tax time comes?

free coins toon blast 2019 on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:51 AM
We give you the latest, tested and fully functional. You will find that it is a valuable asset in this game.

do my assignment UK on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:27 AM
They slide everywhere throughout the worktable, making them hard to cut and keep together. What's more, those crude edges fight like there's no tomorrow! When I get to stitching my undertaking, I have lost a decent quarter to three-eighths of an inch because of over the top fraying.

Dissertation Writing UK on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:27 PM
I think that cutting five inch or larger squares of your fabrics, stacking a sample and stitching around the outer edge the distance of your seam allowance.

Tenerife on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 11:00 AM
It is always advisable to test something out before officially launching it. In businesses, testing out your new product is called prototype testing. Essentially, they try the prototype of their new product on a small market. This is to learn whether it would be beneficial to launch the product right away, or if there is anything that they can still improve upon. It is something that I recommend doing, it can really help a business get better results in the future.

cheap dissertation editing uk on Thursday, October 3, 2019 8:10 AM
Grants to fund events, activities and projects identified with cardiovascular arrhythmia and cardiovascular breakdown, coronary, basic heart, vascular and neuromodulation and their medicines, just as to give item gifts to patients with financial need.

Best Assignment Writing UK on Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:52 PM

Vape smoke on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:53 AM
Smoking electronic cigarettes is often considered safer than regular smoking.Guitars at the lowest price guaranteed

Penny Robinson Lost I on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:45 AM
This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog . One thing I would like to request you that please keep sharing such type of informatics blog with us. Thank you

Instagram viewer on Tuesday, December 24, 2019 4:45 AM
You understand your projects stand out of the crowd. There is something unique about them. It seems to me all of them are brilliant. Searching the un-official subreddit for Pikdo - Share your posts, ask questions and get feedback on your account. Come join our great page.

mens retro silk shirts on Friday, January 3, 2020 4:58 PM
This is a shrewd online journal. I would not joke about this. You have such a great amount of information about this issue, thus much energy. You likewise know how to make individuals rally behind it, clearly from the reactions.

Hengestol on Sunday, February 9, 2020 10:24 PM
I love this content keep sharing !!! Fashion Fabrics provide a wide range of quality fabric. Lace fabric, Prints, laces, net embroidery, khadi, denim and more. Buy Indian Fabric By The Yard, Indian Fabric Store Online

trueintech.com on Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:00 AM
If so, then there is no need to worry anymore because in this article we will explain how to opt for a dissertation service that will guarantee your degree.

amna on Thursday, March 26, 2020 7:09 AM
There are many other alternatives to hotels that equally provide the same comfort, and service,SockShare Alternatives

GoMovies on Sunday, March 29, 2020 6:09 AM
I really appreciate this post.