Can you spell busy? Because yeah.
- What. an. honor: from November 11-17, learn more about autism... watch the video and donate to the my client Sesame Street's autism understanding initiative: http://www.groupon.com/deals/sesame-workshop-1 ... you may win a visit to the set of Sesame Street...
- Spoiler alert: Country Music Association is aligning with my client Casio America to establish music studios in key Boys & Girls Clubs of America (more soon)...
- Musical Tales for Modern Minds, my daughter Julia Kamanda's project with Hal Leonard Publishing, has an indiegogo campaign where you can get recognized for your support to the printing of the books! at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/musical-tales-for-modern-minds
- On December 11, join me and the Manhattan Producer's Alliance as we reveal some of the 'best apps for music classrooms' at Apple Store, Soho...
- this month I also helped get a MAJOR last-minute spot in the 2015 NAMM Show HotZone for the Manhattan Producer's Alliance, featuring their must-attend session on Producing Music for Small Screens, so, well that's what it means to be a board member, so, see you there...
Off to the back-to-school races! Excited to announce that I'm signing with my pals at Sesame Workshop to manage key Community Engagement projects. Helping the Executive Director of Planned Lifetime Services of New Jersey prepare her annual board meeting strategic communications. I'll announce a new education partner for Casio America, and book speakers for October's "Noting the New Music Classroom" event at Apple Store, Soho. Check back for more!
My tech client DoReMIR Music Research's core product ScoreCloud nailed another crazy-visible mention, this time in the New York Times alongside Instagram, Spotify, YouTube and Vine. Watch for music industry trade publication reviews coming soon. Can ScoreCloud pass their 'reviewer stress tests'?
This month I'm planning a special "not your mama's music education event" for Casio (that's just what we call it around here, LOL). We're popping up in some unlikely places, and you'll all be invited!
Later this fall, my fun hosting gig "Noting The New Music Classroom" at Apple Soho will take a back-to-school tour of the latest apps for music classrooms with friends from the Manhattan Producer's Alliance.
To introduce or expand your brand in the education market, contact me today.
I love it when global visibility strikes! Watch this CNN International profile of ScoreCloud inventor Sven Ahlback. Over 250,000 musicians around the world are using this groundbreaking music notation too. Way to go, Sven and the ScoreCloud team! If you're in Nashville July 16-20, we want to see you. Casio is hosting events for pro musicians, music teachers and education leaders. Join us! Register here
Michelle Moog-Koussa, Executive Director of the Bob Moog Foundation, was my special guest for the second Noting the New Music Classroom event, held June 3, 2014 at Apple Soho in Manhattan. Stay tuned for the next Noting the New Music Classroom event at Apple Soho, early September 2014.
Bob Moog fans, music and science educators, theremin enthusiasts and synthesizer aficionados and came to talk about the importance of including the arts in science and mathematics education, and we discussed the foundation's flagship educational program, Dr. Bob's Sound School. This initiative takes an innovative approach to teaching the science of sound through the magic of music in early elementary classrooms. Check out their work and get involved! www.moogfoundation.org
Promotional support for this event was provided by the Manhattan Producer's Alliance, New York City Department of Education, the Audio Engineering Society, and Little Kids rock. A million thanks!